If you are looking for the Canon.Com/ijSetup, this comprehensive guide will come in handy. We will take you through some easy to execute effective methods of Canon.Com/ijSetup on Mac, Windows XP, and only Windows devices.
So keep reading and perform the Canon printer IJ setup via WPS connection or USB in no time. Here we go:
Canon.Com/ijSetup Via WPS Connection
Things You Need to Do Before Starting the Process.
Configuring www.Canon.Com/ijSetup with the help of WPS connection is one of the easiest and best ways to connect your printer to your WiFi and system. Before kickstarting the Canon.Com/ijSetup, you should do the following to make your device setup ready:
- Your Canon IJ printer must have an access point with a physical WPS button. If you can see the WPS button near the screen, check with the user guide of the printing device for details.
- In case your Canon printer does not have a physical WPS button, make sure you use another method to configure the instructions of the Canon.Com/ijSetup in the Standard Connection Method.
- In order to connect the Canon IJ printer to your system and network, you must have a network that has a WPA2 security protocol or WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access).
Once you have gone through the aforementioned points and are ready for executing the correct steps for the Canon.Com/ijSetup, go through the next section and learn how to add or connect your Canon printer to wireless and wired networks.
How to Perform Canon Printer IJ Setup By WPS Connection
The WPS connection method to configure Canon.Com/ijSetup is one of the easiest ways of connecting your Canon IJ printer to any wireless network. Follow the below-mentioned steps one by one and complete the setup in no time.
- Turn on your printer by pressing long on the ‘Power’ key on the top of the Canon IJ printer.
- Look for the ‘WiFi’ button on the printer and press long on the button and wait until the WiFi lamp flashes once.
- When the WiFi lamp beside the WPS button will flash blue, you will have to go to the Wifi Router.
- Press long on the WiFi button on the router within a minute.
- Now, your Canon printer will start searching for all the available Wifi networks and while searching the Wi-Fi lamp on the printer will keep on flashing.
- Once the search is completed, scroll down the list of the available wireless connection and click on your Wi-Fi connection by its ‘Name’.
- You will be asked to enter the correct ‘WPS Password’, enter the same, and hit the ‘Connect’.
Follow the on-screen information and follow the right clicks to complete the procedure of the Canon.Com/ijSetup properly.
Canon IJ Printer Network Settings
After following the prior method of how to configure the www.Canon.Com/ijSetup, the printer must be connected. But, if you want to confirm that your Canon IJ printer is connected and working successfully. Follow the below-mentioned steps and print out any document from your printer:
- If you have switched off your printer, turn it on by pressing long on the ‘Power’ key on the top of the printer.
- Fill the paper tray with A4 sheets or letter-sized sheets of white colour.
- Navigate towards the screen of the printer and click on the ‘Resume/ Cancel’ button and press long on it. The alarm light will blink 15 times, then take off your fingers before the button.
- The network details page will automatically be printed.
On the printed paper, check that the ‘Connection’ means ‘Active’ and that the SSID-Service Package Identifier (the name of your wireless network) means the appropriate wireless network name.
After confirming that the printer is working and it is connected well. Proceed by performing the Canon.Com/ijSetup download steps and installing the program.
There are two ways to download a Canon printer program, one is via the CD that came with your printer and another by downloading the program from https://Canon.Com/ijSetup website manually. Follow the next section and learn the standard method of connecting the Canon printer:
Standard Connection Method Via CD
- If you are a Windows user, then start your system by pressing long on the ‘Power’ button.
- Once the system is on, right-click on the cursor and refresh the program for hassle-free performance.
- Take out the CD that came with the Canon printer and insert it in the ‘Disk Tray’.
(Click on the button in the right side of the laptop or on the CPU and open the disk tray, use the same button to close it)
- If the inserted program does not pop up on your screen, go to the ‘Computer’ folder.
- Double-click on the ‘CD Drive’ and when the confirmation pops-up on the screen, click on the ‘Run’ and run the setup.
- In case you are a Mac user and not carrying the installation CD then, visit the official page of Canon printer or type: https://Canon.Com/ijSetup on the URL box and download the correct canon IH printer program.
- After running the CD, a Canon IJ series window will appear on your screen, hit on the [Next] button.
Canon Ij Setup For Mac Users
- In the new window, enter your ‘Password’ in the required tab and allow the tool to be configured by hitting on the ‘Install Helper’.
- Click on the ‘Next’ and when a window appears with a message, ‘Starting the software installation, follow the on-screen instructions.’
- Kindly select the ‘Wireless Link’, when a window will appear to notify you that you must choose between a USB or wireless link.
- Make sure that the Canon IJ printer is on, otherwise, press on the ‘Power’ button and turn it on and click on the ‘Next’.
- Under the ‘Printer Setup’ column, navigate towards the right side and click on the ‘Connect to the network.’
- In the next window, under the ‘Setup procedure Selection’, click on the ‘Cableless setup’.
Note: If you are a Windows XP user, then you must know that the cableless installation procedure is not supported by your system. Hence, select the ‘Other setup’ option.
- As you per your prior step, the ‘Connection via Cableless setup’ window will appear.
- Now, click on the ‘Wi-Fi’ button (A, as shown in the figure) on the top of your printer before the orange warning light (B, as shown in the figure) flashes twice
- After that, release the button after the second flash. Also, confirm the following:
- The Wifi lamp must be flashing of Blue colour
- The power lamp must be flashing of Green colour
After confirming, click on the ‘Next’ button.
- In the new window, click on the ‘Next’ button and remember that your network connection will disappear while following the Canon.Com/ijSetup.
Canon Ij Setup For Windows XP Users
[Under the ‘Setup Procedure Selection’, click on the ‘Wireless Setup Using the USB Cable’]
- When the ‘Select your place of residence’ choose one region and click on the ‘Next’.
- In the next window, select the software you want to install by checking the boxes in front of the options and click on the ‘Next’.
Note: In case, you are not sure with the software for installation, check all and uninstall the unwanted software later.
- In the following window, when the system is asking you to confirm the ‘License Agreement’, click on the ‘Yes’ to agree.
Canon Ij Setup For Windows Users Only
- In the subsequent window, under the ‘Please allow all install wizard processes’, click on the ‘Next’.
- In the next window, the name and the model of the printer of your Wi-Fi network will be mentioned.
IJ Start Canon Setup For Windows (except Windows XP) Users
- When the ‘Setup Completion’ tab, click on the ‘Complete’.
After following the aforementioned steps, the Canon IJ printer setup will be completed.
Note: Make sure that if the Windows XP users cannot detect any printer, they must continue with the USB installation procedure.
IJ Start Canon Setup For Mac Users
- In the next window, under the ‘Add Printer’ section, navigate towards the downwards and click on the ‘Add Printer’
- In the following window, click on the ‘Default’ and under the ‘Name’ select the ‘Canon IJ Network’ and navigate towards the lower-right corner of the window to click on ‘Add’.
- Then, click on the ‘Next’ to wrap up the Canon.Com/ijSetup method.
How to Perform www.Canon.Com/ijSetup By USB Cable
For the Windows users who want to connect Canon printers with the USB cable, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Choose the option of ‘Set up network connection via USB’, click on the ‘Next’.
- In the following window, under the option of ‘Connect your printer to your computer using the USB cable’, click on the ‘Next’.
- Wait until the Canon printer is detected to the computer, in the following window, when the system asks, ‘Do you want to allow access to this item’ click on the ‘Allow’.
- Now, disconnect the printer from your system and click on the ‘Next’.
- When the ‘Setup Completion’ window appears on your screen, click on the ‘Complete’.
IJ Start Canon Setup For Mac Users
- Once you see that the Canon IJ printer is detected, click on the ‘Ok’ tab.
- And then, in the next window, click on the ‘Add Printer’.
- When the list of the printers will appear, choose the ‘Canon IJ Network’ and click on the ‘Add’.
- Hit the ‘Next’ tab and with this step, the Canon.Com/ijSetup will be concluded.
In the end, click on the ‘Finish’ tab to end the process of HTTP IJ start Canon setup for Mac or Windows. After following the guide on Canon.Com/ijSetup above, we are hopeful that you could connect your Canon IJ printer with your system and wired/wireless network on Mac, Windows XP, and all the devices. For any information on www.Canon.Com/ijSetup, contact our representatives.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Related to Canon.Com/ijSetup
To solve your queries and doubts, we have comprised a FAQ section on how to attempt Canon IJ setup on laptops and computers. This section consists of all the answers to the most frequently asked questions by our troubled Canon printer users. Here you go!
Follow the below-mentioned steps and complete setting up your Canon printer wirelessly in a jiffy.
1. Click on the ‘Power’ key and turn on the Canon IJ printer.
2. Press on the ‘WiFi’ button on the printer and see the WiFi lamp flashes.
3. When the WiFi light flashes blue, you will have to switch on the Wifi button of the Wifi Router.
4. Now, you will see that your Canon printer is searching for all the nearby wireless networks and the Wifi light is flashing continuously.
5. After completing the search, scroll down the list, go through the available wireless, and click on the ‘Name’ of your Wireless connection.
6. Now, enter the correct ‘Wireless Password’ when the system asks you and hit the ‘Connect’ button.
After this, follow the on-screen instructions and complete the procedure of the Canon IJ wireless setup.
If you want to add a Canon IJ printer to your system by using a USB cable, here are the essentials steps you will have to follow.
1: Use a USB cable and insert the one end in the Canon printer and another end into the system to connect the system and printer with each other.
2: Now, turn on the Canon IJ printer by clicking on the ‘Power’ button.
3: Go to the system and navigate towards the ‘Settings’ app by clicking on the ‘Start’ menu.
4: Under the ‘Settings’, double-click on the ‘Devices’ option and open it.
5: Find and hit on the ‘Printer and Scanner’ and open the list of connected printing or scanning devices.
6: Navigate towards the ‘Add a device’ and click on it and the Windows will start scanning the nearby printers or scanners.
7: After a while, the search process will be stopped and the Windows will detect your printer, select your Canon IJ printer by clicking on the name.
8: Now, you will have to follow the instructions prompted on your screen. Follow the steps and finish the installation.
After following the right clicks, you will be done.
9: In case the Windows failed to find and connect with your Canon IJ printer, click on look at the screen and find the link that reads, ‘My printer is not in the list’.
10: You will be driven to the ‘Windows troubleshooting guide’ page. Here you will get help to find your concerned printer.
11: The system will again search for available printers and when you finally see the name of your ‘Canon IJ printer’, click on it and download the drivers.
After following the correct steps, if you still could not connect your Canon IJ printer to the by using a USB cable then, contact an expert.
Follow the subsequent steps thoroughly if you want to hook your Canon IJ printer up to your Computer of any brand.
1: In case, your Canon IJ printer is turned on, turn it off
2: Now, take a USB cable of long length and connect an end to the printer
3: Take another end of the USB cable and insert it into the USB port of CPU
4: Go to your Computer and click on the ‘Start’ icon on your screen.
5: Open the ‘Control Panel’ folder and see the options
6: Select the ‘Hardware and Sound’ folder by clicking on it
7: Once it’s open, navigate towards the ‘Devices and Printers.’ and double-click on it to open
8: Choose the option of ‘Add a Printer’ and when the following question prompts, ‘What is the type of your printer?’, select the option of ‘Local Printer.’
9: Hit on the ‘printer port for connection’ and let the system find the connection.
10: When the printer’s list appears, click on the ‘Canon printer’ option
11: In the next step, choose the specific model of the Canon printer and hit on the ‘Next’ option.
12: Enter a ‘Name of the printer as per your choice’ hit on the ‘Next’ option.
13: An option of ‘Whether you want to share the Canon IJ printer with other devices?’ question will prompt on your screen, then click on the ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ as per your choice and click on the ‘Next’.
At last, end the process of the Canon printer IJ setup on the computer by clicking on the ‘Finish.’
There are several reasons for why your Canon printer is not connecting to your computer, some of them are mentioned below.
1. Your Canon printer must not be turned on
2. If you are connecting with the help of a USB cable, it is possible that the USB cable is torn
3. USB cable is not inserted properly into the ports
4. The computer you are trying to connect to is not connected to the same wireless network as the printer.
5. Everything is fine but you have lost the internet connection
You have entered a wrong ‘WPS Password’
These were some of the most possible reasons for your Canon printer not connecting to the computer.
You have a wireless Canon printer and it Bluetooth-based, follow the subsequent steps to connect your printer to the laptop.
This procedure asks you to keep your laptop near to your printer so that the ‘Bluetooth’ connection fetches properly. Also, make sure that you have a transmitter to change the
1: Turn on your laptop and go to the ‘Control Panel’ section via ‘All Programs’
2: Navigate towards the ‘Hardware and Sound’ and open it
3: Double-click on the ‘Printers and Scanners’ and open it
4: Choose the option of ‘Add a device’ and further select the ‘Advanced Printer Setup’
5: When the system starts searching for ‘Available printers and scanners’, click on the link that reads, ‘The Printer That I Want Isn’t Listed’
6: Choose an option of ‘Add a Bluetooth or Network Printer’ and follow the instructions prompting on your screen.
7: Use a transmitter to transmit the signal from the Wifi to your printer and let the wizard fetch the correct connection.
8: Pair up your laptop and Canon printer with each other through a passcode. The Passcode will be provided by your printer.
After following the above-mentioned steps, your Canon printer will be connected to your laptop via Bluetooth connection.
We are hopeful that the FAQs on the Canon IJ printer setup help you. Have more questions, leave your question in the comment section.