Looking for methods to set up your Canon printer? Don’t worry! You have landed on the correct page. Downloading, installing, and setting up your Canon printer of any model is very easy if you know the right steps. This article comes in handy for every Canon printer buyer who is looking for the right and effective ways to perform Canon printer setup.
Go through the article and learn how to set up a Canon printer wireless or non-wireless. You will also be taken through some easy ways to deal with Canon printer setup failure issues.
Precautions for Before Canon Printer Setup
If you are installing, downloading, and setting up the Canon printer to wireless network and device for the first time, then you must make sure that you do not face any technical or software damage during the process.
Below are some of the things mentioned that you must remember and check before applying the steps of Canon wireless printer setup or wired printers.
- In case the filtering feature of your Windows or MAC address or the IP address is turned on to the access point, disable it by turning it off.
- If your Wireless network is not secured by the antivirus scanning then there will be a risk while connecting your Canon printer to the device. You might lose your personal or professional data files to any third party.
- Disable the feature of ‘Virus detection’. At times, high-security measures do not let the device connect to others.
- The MAC address of your Canon printer is needed while the Canon printer setup process. To find it out, print a document of the network settings details (the stepwise method is mentioned in the concerned section) and note it down.
- If you use a LAN connection, kindly ensure that you have a strong internet connection through your LAN.
After going through these precautions and preparing your device, you may follow the steps to know how to setup canon printer.
How to Setup Canon Printer?
There are not one but several ways to connect your Canon printer to a wireless connection and your device. This section of the article will take you through the below-mentioned methods. Take a look,
- Canon Printer Wifi Setup Via Lan Connection.
- Canon Wireless Printer Setup Via WPS Connection.
- Canon MX490 printer setup Via USB Cable.
Now, follow one or more of the following methods and successfully learn how to setup canon printer.
Canon Pixma Printer Setup Via Lan Connection
By implementing the following steps, you can always connect your Canon printer of any model to a WiFi network. Follow the enlisted steps one by one and learn how to perform the Canon printer WiFi setup.
- Make sure that your Canon Pixma printer is turned on. If not, turn it on with the help of the ‘Power’ button.
- Find the ‘Settings’ button on the top of your printer and click on it.
- Use the ‘Arrow’ buttons near the screen of the printer and navigate towards the ‘Device Settings’ section and hit on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Again press on the ‘Arrow’ buttons to navigate towards the ‘LAN Settings’.
- Open the ‘LAN Settings’ Section and press on the ‘Ok’ button.
- Now, open the ‘Wireless LAN Settings’ by using the ‘Arrow’ buttons
- After the prior step is done, the printer will be searching the available Wi-fi networks.
When the light blinks near the screen of your printer, you will know one or more WiFi networks are found.
- Use the ‘Arrow’ buttons and click on the ‘Wifi Network’ by its name, that is yours.
If the searching method of available WiFi networks is taking too much time, choose the option of the ‘Stop’ drive yourself back to the ‘Wireless LAN Settings’ and again click on the option to search for Wifi networks.
- Once you find your WiFi network, hit on it and choose ‘Ok’ with the help of ‘Arrow’ buttons.
- Now, enter the correct ‘WPS Password’ using the keyboard showing on the screen and ‘Ok’.
After entering the correct WPS password, you will see a message, ‘Connected’ on the screen of your Canon Pixma printer. After following the above-mentioned steps, we hope that you could complete the Canon wireless printer setup.
Do you have a Wireless network or do you have a non-wireless Canon printer? Follow the steps to perform the Canon printer setup without a LAN connection by using a WPS connection in the next section.
Canon Wireless Printer Setup Via WPS Connection
The second method to perform the Canon printer setup is very convenient, quick, and comes in handy if you have a WiFi connection and your printer is wireless. Read and implement the enlisted steps thoroughly and complete the setup immediately.
- Click on the ‘Power’ button of the printer and turn on the Canon printer.
- Keep the router near the printer and turn on the WiFi network so that the WPS button could catch your network.
- Go to the printer and hold the WPS button on the top of your printer, you will see light is ON.
If the light is not on, it means the WiFi button has not turned on. Hence, press the WPS button again.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and switch on the router by clicking on the ‘Wifi’ button on it.
- After turning on the ‘WPS’ button, it will start searching for a Wifi network from nearby. The wifi light will be flashing blue.
- Once it fetches some networks, click on the one that you want to pair up with and connect your Canon printer to a wireless network.
- Check whether the printer is connected or not, to do so, fill the paper tray with papers of the right dimension and try printing any page from the recently connected Canon printer.
After going through the steps, your Canon printer will be connected and when the printed document comes out from the printer successfully, you will know that printer is ready.
Canon TS3211 Printer Setup Via USB Cable
This process is for all those Canon printer users who do not have a wireless option or do not want to connect their Canon TS3211 printer through a wireless or wifi connection. Before applying for the below-mentioned guide, make sure to have a USB cable of the good length that is not torn.
- Take the Power cord of the Canon printer and plug into the printer, make sure that the printer is off. Otherwise, it will be fused.
- Attach a USB cable’s one end to the printer and another to the port of your laptop.
- Now, click on the ‘Power’ button of the printer and turn it on.
As you are using a USB cable to connect your Canon printer with the system, it will know the name and the model of the printer already. There will be no confusion like the WPS connection. Hence, it will be easy for you to install the software and set it up.
When the name of the printer will show on the screen, click on it and confirm your choice.
- Go to any compatible web browser and download the printer driver of Canon.
- Complete the step by step instructions to set up the printer and help it to get recognized by your Windows.
After following the aforementioned steps on Canon TS3211 printer setup, your Canon printer will be ready to print. Whenever you think that there is no use of the printer, you must turn it off to save some energy.
Note: You can follow all the methods on given canon printer models.
|Canon MX490 Printer Setup||Canon MG3022 Printer Setup|
|Canon MG3620 Printer Setup||Canon MX492 Printer Setup|
|Canon TS3122 Printer Setup||Canon MG2522 Printer Setup|
Canon Printer Setup Failed?
In case you could not complete the setup and receive a ‘Canon wireless printer setup failed’ message for some of the other reasons, do not worry! Not being able to set up your Canon printer is a common problem and there are several ways to fix these setup failed issues.
If you could not set up the Canon printer, here is what you can do. Read and follow the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips as per the kind of issue you are facing while performing Canon printer WiFi setup.
When the Canon Printer is Not Being Able to Connect to the Access Point of the WiFi Network
Follow the enlisted tips and fix the Canon printer WiFi setup failed issues in a jiffy.
- If the processor cannot detect the access point, keep the printer closer to the access point or remove any impediments that are coming in between, then click on the ‘Update’ and start the search process again.
- If the access point is still not detected by the processor, go to the ‘Manual Setup’ to check with the ‘Access point settings’. Navigate towards the link that reads, ‘Can the Computer and Canon printer communicate?’ and follow the right clicks mentioned on the ‘Network Guide’.
- Detach all the power cords of the printer and the WiFi router one by one and wait for a couple of minutes. Connect the wires again and restart the process of searching for nearby wireless networks.
No Canon Printer is Detected
If you are receiving ‘Canon printer setup failed’ messages and could not detect your printer, there can be either network issues or wrong network settings in Windows or Mac.
Provide the correct IP address of your printer to the computer and restart both the devices. Make sure that the printer has been assigned with a correct IP address and then, request an option to search for available printers.
Canon MX490 Printer Setup is Failed Due to Forgotten Admin Password
Because you have lost or forgotten admin password, you will have to restore the printer setting to factory default. The settings that have been configured earlier might get lost. Follow the below-mentioned steps and learn how to reset ‘Printing and Initializing Network Settings’ in order to fix setup failure issues.
- Connect your system to the Canon printer with the help of a USB cable.
- Turn on the Canon printer by pressing long on the ‘Power’ button.
- Find and click on the ‘Network Tool’ to open it.
- On the other hand, go to the computer and click on the ‘Start’ button.
- Choose the ‘All programs’ tab and expand the options. Navigate towards the ‘Network Tool’ and open it. If you cannot find it, type ‘Network Tool’ in the search box and click from the search results list.
If you are a Mac user, go to the ‘Library’ and open it, select the ‘Printers’ sections and double-click on the ‘Canon printers’, navigate towards the ‘Utilities’ and then click on the ‘Network Tool’ to open the settings tab.
- Drop-down the ‘Settings’ menu. There will be an option of ‘Maintenance’, click on it.
- Move towards the ‘Setting Initialization in the Maintenance’ box, and under the same, click on the ‘Initialize’.
- Hit the option of ‘Yes’ when the ‘Initialize Settings’ box appears on your Windows scene. Click on ‘OK’ if you are a Mac user.
After following the aforementioned steps, the Network settings will be reset, restart your devices for once and complete the Canon MX490 printer setup without any hassle.
Canon Pixma MG3620 Setup Wireless Printing Stuck in between as Printer is Detecting Multiple Access Points
If your printer is detecting more than one access point, you must confirm the following things.
- Make sure that the concern access point’s wireless channel is far enough away with the other wireless networks that are also detected by your device.
- If you are a Windows XP user, you can set the priority of the access point from highest to lowest under the ‘Preferred networks’ section. Visit the Preferred networks section, and click on the ‘Wireless Networks’ tab. Go to the ‘Properties’ dialogue box and change the priority of the access points. So, your device cannot confuse one access point with the man.
- The concern access point must be capable of communicating with both, the printer and the computer.
After making sure of the above-mentioned points, your device will be communicating with one access point, which you want. Now, read and implement the correct steps for Canon Pixma MG3620 setup wireless printing.
So, these were some of the most common issues you can face while attempting the Canon printer setup. We hope, now, it has become easy for you to deal with issues and complete the setup.
Once you go through the entire article on Canon Printer Setup, you will not only learn how to set up a Canon printer on your computer but, you will also be prepared to deal with some frequent errors. In case you have any question or doubt regarding this article, you may always seek assistance from our technical experts by starting a live chat with them.